Friday, May 26, 2017

Busy Week

 If you are still looking for "Beantown" from the fiber art challenge it is here.

Lots of things going on this week. I am designing a new quilt. This is what is on my design wall at this point. Each blue block will have the orange/yellow/red fabric in the center. The blocks are 8 inches and the orange squares will be 4 inches. I know that is not the sizes of the orange squares in the photo. I was trying out different sizes to see what I liked. I think larger is better. These squares will be fused on top of the blue squares. I will be using some of the fabrics that I had printed at Spoonflower for the orange squares. The Spoonflower fabrics are of oil rig/coal plants.



The fabrics.















I finished quilting "Tequila Sunrise." I am so disappointed that after more than 30 years as a quilter I can be so terrible at things sometimes. The vertical lines are too wiggly and with the high contrast it really shows. I think the problem in part is the excessive quilting and the distortion caused. Should have done less quilting. I am thinking of using this quilt to cover some composition notebooks so that it does not go to waste. The other thing I thought about is to cut it into squares and sew them back together with a zigzag. I saw this on a quilt show. You butt the squares together and stitch them.


This is what that would look like. I guess if I did not like it I could still cover the notebooks! What do you think?








I am still working away in my art on the iPad class. This is an image that I drew just messing around with one of the apps. The I took the image into another app and got the images below.





























































Some other images from this week.



My Dad's pond.















Thanks for reading.
Linking to Nina-Marie.

Chris

3 comments:

  1. As long as you're not happy with that piece, I think it presents the perfect opportunity to try that cut up and rearrange technique. I like what happened with the small example you show. Heck - you might even consider making the reassembled bits into a set of coasters or arty pot holders or oven mitts ala Gerrie Congdon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! what fun to play with design on the iPad. I'm curious about which programs you are using although I have an original iPad -- can you say s-l-o-w? It is hard sometimes to get the right quilting on a quilt. And, of course, getting the right control on the machine is another issue. I like your finished quilt but if you don't do what you want with it...otherwise it will never see the light of day. Enjoy the week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I am always thrilled when someone takes the time to comment.